So I’ve been duly patching and cleaning up spam on my blog, but have NOT be posting any real content in a very long time. If you scroll down a bit, you will see that it was March 2016 when I last posted.
So catching up…
Completed IMLP. Ugly and slow, but finishing wasn’t the point. Getting to the START line was the point. Mission accomplished.
Goals for 2017
- Get my run mojo back. Post-OHS I never felt good running. That lead to running less, which lead to feeling worse each time I ran. In 2017 I’ll be sucking it up and lacing ’em up. So far I have completed 107 miles running, which is approaching 30% of last years total.
- Get swol – Through mid-January I was doing 2x week “tri-builder” workouts, alternating upper body and lower body. I’m now doing BFL workouts, 2x week, also alternating upper and lower body workouts. Soon I’ll be adding in KB swings and TGU work on Mon/Wed mornings. So far I’m feeling a LOT stronger, but not where I want to be.
- Combining #1 & #2 – Get form. Going to integrate Kinetic Revolution Bulletproof running skills into my run workouts through the marathon. Then possibly fall back to the 30 day challenge program through IMMD
- Body Comp – staying focused on quality foods, and limiting added sugar intakes.
- Mindfulness – Headspace is helping. So is Daily Stoic
and here is the race schedule:
Other races & events
- NYRR 9+1 races, to qualify for NYC Marathon in 2018. I’ve completed two (Joe Kleinerman 10k and Fred Lebow 13.1). Coming up I have the Al Gordon Brooklyn 4m on 25 Feb, and the Brooklyn 13.1 on 20 May
- Spring Classics – Sourland Semi & Hell of Hunterdon – Shooting for a much better showing at the Semi than last year AND actually SHOWING UP at HoH after 2yrs missing the event
- Farmlands – gunning for the hundo this year. Hoping all the running I’m doing for NJM gets me somewhat ready for a fast-ish century.
- Nav-E-Sink or Swim – 28 May, because opening day for triathlon season.
- TeamNRGY Tri-Camp – planning on a big honkin’ block o’ training in mid-June
- Bike MS City to Shore, but only one way (Saturday, hundo) then running…
- Ocean City 1/2 Marathon on Sunday. I figure this will be the last BIG workout weekend heading into taper for IMMD.
Perhaps a sprint or oly tossed in early in the season..
Shaping up to be a GREAT year…